Monday, April 21, 2014

Holy Crap I'm Growing Up.



So basically my birthday is this coming Wednesday the 23rd, well me and Shakespeare actually, and I’m going to be the big 2-1, but what I’ve really been realizing is that HOLY HELL I’m growing up. As I was sitting on the train this morning after it arrived over an hour late, I sat next to a nice guy also going to Chicago, and as I read over his shoulder about “statutes of limitations” and all other kinds of legal lingo, I found myself thinking, “Man, that’s cool this guy is gonna be a lawyer one day.” And in that moment I realized that I have panicked my way into now having 3 significantly different life ideas/plans for my future. LAWD HELP ME.

Not only do I have a pretty decent list of schools that I want to look at for graduate programs, but they ALL offer all of the different programs that I’m considering. Basically what happened is that I had my heart set on psychology as a career for so long that now that I’m really considering how I want to live my life in the coming years, I reallllly don’t want to rack of 6-8 more years of debt for something that my heart isn’t ABSOLUTELY set on. So then I was like oh, let me go into Higher Ed, there’s a ton of different options I can do with that… if I want to do the whole “My job pays shit, but it gives me great purpose in life!” I’m not completely sold on that yet, but it’s definitely not out of the question. I think that my experience with Higher Ed professionals here at RU has really set the standard very high and I would love to work with people like them and do what they do. And then at the end of the day, business is in my blood. Every member of my family is some type of small business owner. And yes I know that small businesses struggle much more than regular companies. I am no stranger to the “slow seasons” of life, but if it’s something you love, the money will come right? Not sure if this is absolutely true, but it’s given me enough reason to second guess my major.
I guess at the end of the day I really have to consider:
Money or Happiness?
Tremendous amount of debt, but come out of the gate possibly making $90+ a year?
Do something that I love being a part of now, and also get paid LOTS more to do it? 
They all sound pretty tempting

If you have a good life coach you would recommend, I am all ears, because right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment