Sunday, January 5, 2014

Here goes nothing

Soooooo this is my first ever blog post and seeing as I’m snowed into my apartment and everything is closed tomorrow due to the “Polar Vortex”, I guess I can stop procrastinating it.

I suppose I could just stick with the theme of New Years and all that jazz. After the way 2013 turned out, I’m just trying to pick up the pieces and keep moving forward. In the interest of not being vague or cryptic, I’ll give you a quick rundown of 2013.
January: My grandmother had a brain aneurysm that ruptured and was hospitalized for a month.
(Note: After a few major brain surgeries, she’s doing just fine now!)
March: One of my childhood friends was killed.
June: My best friend’s mother passed away.
June: My own mother became very sick and was in the hospital for 2 weeks.
(Note: she’s not back 100% yet, but we’re getting there.)
December: My dad moved to Florida two days after Christmas for a job.

Basically 2013 kicked my ass, but I am still standing (quite proudly I might add) with the help my friends, sisters, boyfriend, family, and my faith.
At first I wanted to go into 2014 with the attitude that “I deserve to have a good year because my 2013 was so shitty.” But after talking to my wonderful friend Samantha and doing some really deep reflecting while sitting on my nice couch here, I’ve realized that this world doesn’t owe me a damn thing. And sure, I had a terrible year, but maybe so did the next guy. So what makes me so much more deserving of a good year than the next person? Nothing. This is why I’m working really hard to try to scrap that attitude.

Now, I am going into this year with the attitude of “I know what I want, I know what I deserve, I know how to get those things,  but no one owes me anything.” For those reasons, I will work my ass off to get what is mine and make this year the best it can be.

I am going to take this clean slate and write my story all over it. I will keep my chin held high and know that the only thing that can stand in my way is me. I have my goals. I know what they are and how I want to tackle them. They are tangible, they are attainable, and they are mine. They are what are going to be the driving force behind me, pushing me forward through this coming year. I survived and I’ll continue to survive.
**Destiny’s Child “I’m a Survivor” plays dramatically in the background**


No comments:

Post a Comment